Ghajini gils

Crowded bus. I was searching for the khaki clad guy amidst the sea of humanity.

Suddenly one voice...

"Hi gils"

I turned in the direction of the voice and found one middle aged man smiling at me. I thought he must've called someone else with similar name and almost turned back when he said "Give me your bag..you go get your ticket and come"

Now..it was sort of established that this guy knows me. But i couldn't recollect who he was. Since the crowd was too much i shamelessly gave my bag to him and went to get my ticket..wondering all the way who it could be. Since this guy knows my full name, and SPOKE to me, he definitely cant be my relative. So that angle was ruled out. Definitely not from my college as he spoke to me in hindi. Could he be from work? Is he wearing his ID tag? I was too proud to ask him who he was and it was too embarrassing basically. I decided to play along and praying that his stopping should come before mine.

"So..whats up" i asked.

"All fine ..you tell me?"

Stumped again. I was looking for some distraction which would take me away from the conversation. But as luck would have it, the seat next to him became vacant. I was trying to read his name from his ID tag. But it was partially hidden. I didnt want to ask any question and get caught.

"How was the weekend" I asked.

"Nothing special man. Usual..what about you"

I mumbled my reply and kept quiet.

"So Gils..hows work"

Avvvvvvvvvv....is he a colleague?? Is my memory that bad?? or is he generally asking?

"Errr...yeah..going on..how about you?" (aha..gotcha)

"hahah..you should be knowing better right?" pat came the reply.

What the heck doest that supposed to mean??!!! It was like 20 questions game where i ended up with more questions each time i tried for an answer!!

I finally gave up. But felt the conversation(??!!) had gone too far to finally ask who the hell he is. So was biding my time waiting for my stop. Luckily for me that guy got down much earlier than my stop. I kept racking my brain as to who he could be. I almost missed my stop and got down running from the bus too ashamed of myself.

During lunch time, in office canteen again i saw that guy. I felt a sudden rush of adrenalin. So this guy works in the same office. Atleast that much is confirmed. I asked my colleagues who that person was. They looked at me weirdly and said he was the HR head!!!

That guy has removed his mush and was sporting contacts it seems!! How the heck am i supposed to recognise a person in such a disguise. My team mate advised me to carry a card of my current address in my purse as he was very sure i am bound to forget that also one day and would be roaming around to find it. I politely told him to go to hell. He proved it by asking for my cell number!!!!

Bowled again.

Avvvvvvvvvv......

Comments

RamNarayanS said…
Ghajini Gilsukku Jay.

:-)Humorous post. Happens once in a while. :-)
Swaram said…
ROFL :D Pls gimme ur phone no. Gils :P
Soin said…
aapu vechutala? apidiye muduga thatti pesirukunum.. soor promotion..free
My days(Gops) said…
athana perlaium, ungalaium unga name'aium nyabagam vachi irukaaru paarunga.. he is great :)

thanniah kudi thanniah kudi paa gils
Unknown said…
u too?? me dont know my cell phone number, when moms in the park ask me for mine, i politely tell them, i will give them a missed call so that serves the hassle of punching numbers (hahaha).. totally rocked and PS: ur HR head travel in a bus?? im mighty impressed..
kanagu said…
don't worry.. I won't start conversation from now on before introducing myself :P :P
Athivas said…
LOL,Gils!!After a long time, a humourous post from you!!

ippo theriyuthu boss,namma tamil movies-la epdi hero oru black dot vechu villana yemathraanga-nu.
Shruti said…
Gils Sir, am shruti from Hits and Misses!
Introduced just in case u forgot me! Its been a long time in ur blog ah?! Many posts I missed! Hilarious and ROFL! Ivlo periya comedy piece ah ne?!
TheUncanny said…
ahhaaaa.... avana nee?!?!?! :P
"என் இனமடா நீ" -இந்த வசனம் ஏன் எனக்கு நியாபகம் வந்துச்சு ???.
Anonymous said…
Gils 'Sir' ;-)
Still laughing at your post!! How can you forget important people like HR Head? May be you really need a Ghajini Polaroid camera ;-)
lostworld said…
Phone number can always be tattoed !! ;-)
G3 said…
ROTFL :)))

// He proved it by asking for my cell number!!!!

Bowled again.
//

HAHA :D Ungala pathi romba nalla therinja nanbar pola :D

Neenga orkut login id ya marandhuttu pudhusa account create pannadhu me the remembering :P
ambi said…
LOL :)
Hey gils, I am ambi (which ambi..?)
I live in bangalore. (where is bangalore..?)
Once U came to my house (apdiyaa?)

:))
Annam said…
periya periya scientist ellam chinna chinna vishyangal marapanga like their home addrss ....thakalli nee eppo scientist aana sollavey illa
Annam said…
indru muthal gilsu "SCIENTIST GILSU " endru alaikapadupaar:P
(yaaru scientist gilsunu avaru kekaama iruntha sari thaan:)
Annam said…
Bowled again.
//////////////////
ithu neenga eppavum ellar kittayum vaangurathu thaana thakaali:)
Annam said…
one day thakaali vil ask himself Naan yaaru Naan yarunu(basha film effectla like rajini:P)
Annam said…
He proved it by asking for my cell number!!!!
/////////////////
climax remba jooperu...LOLzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz:)
Annam said…
vatsu blog kummittu appalika varen:)
Annam said…
gilsu ithu yaru blognu niyabagam irukka:P
Annam said…
thakaali ellarayum oru foto pidichu vachukko:)pinnadi use aagum unnoda nallathukkum+engalodahukkum thaan:))
Annam said…
களைச்சுப் போயிட்டேன்,

:)
Annam said…
haya me the 25:P
PM said…
LOL :))). HR marakka thairiyaam rombaa thaan venum. Appraisal officela ippothaikku kedaiyathungarathaala HR maranthe pochaa...
Ramesh said…
Hee Ho Ho. HR a poyi ippadi adi kudukalaamaa ???

Just to remind you - unga peru gils. unga blog peru variety is the spice of life .........
gils said…
//Ghajini Gilsukku Jay.

:-)Humorous post. Happens once in a while. :-)//

once in a whilea :) hmmm...i think i got very less visual memory :D unless its deepika or sameera or asin or trisha cadre..i hardly remember the faces :D heheee
gils said…
// Pls gimme ur phone no. Gils :P//

kattabommi...too much :)

//apidiye muduga thatti pesirukunum.. soor promotion..free//

chacha...antha aalu client hr head..so no use :(
gils said…
// ungalaium unga name'aium nyabagam vachi irukaaru paarunga.. he is great :)//

seriously..!!!

//u too?? me dont know my cell phone number, when moms in the park ask me for mine, i politely tell them, i will give them a missed call so that serves the hassle of punching numbers (hahaha).. totally rocked and PS://

neengalum ipdi thana :D :D sutham :D

// ur HR head travel in a bus?? im mighty impressed..//

:D athu client hr nga..enga kambeni ila
gils said…
//I won't start conversation from now on before introducing myself /

dai...ennorelenthu kelambiyacha saturday meetku?
gils said…
//ippo theriyuthu boss,namma tamil movies-la epdi hero oru black dot vechu villana yemathraanga-nu.//

aathivasi :) u r one kedi bugger..onum teriatha mathiri image..aana panrathelaam veshamam
gils said…
//Introduced just in case u forgot me! Its been a long time in ur blog ah?! Many posts I missed! //

hmm...alo..utha vanga pora nee
gils said…
@uncanny:
hehehe

@iravee:

athey athey :D
gils said…
/How can you forget important people like HR Head? May be you really need a Ghajini Polaroid camera ;-)//

:(((( yah :(
gils said…
//Phone number can always be tattoed !! //

adapavigala..mudivey panitengala

//Neenga orkut login id ya marandhuttu pudhusa account create pannadhu me the remembering :P//

avvvvvvvvvvv..unga nyabagthku oru alavay ilaya!!
gils said…
//Hey gils, I am ambi (which ambi..?)
I live in bangalore. (where is bangalore..?)
Once U came to my house (apdiyaa?)//

vambi mama...ithelam overu..epdirukel..athula elam kshemama?
gils said…
//R marakka thairiyaam rombaa thaan venum. Appraisal officela ippothaikku kedaiyathungarathaala HR maranthe pochaa../

en hr ileenga..client place hr :D en hr naan pathathay ila..so no chance
gils said…
@ramesh:
//Just to remind you - unga peru gils. unga blog peru variety is the spice of life .........//

avvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv..neengaluma
gils said…
@pikaali:

avvvvvvvvvv kuthichi kummi adichitu poitia!!
gils said…
//periya periya scientist ellam chinna chinna vishyangal marapanga like their home addrss ....thakalli nee eppo scientist aana sollavey illa//

aama..athan korachal
gils said…
//indru muthal gilsu "SCIENTIST GILSU " endru alaikapadupaar:P
(yaaru scientist gilsunu avaru kekaama iruntha sari thaan:)

iru iru..un pera eduthu udren ;)
gils said…
//one day thakaali vil ask himself Naan yaaru Naan yarunu(basha film effectla like rajini:P)//

!!bashakaprum nee padamay pakalaya!!
gils said…
//gilsu ithu yaru blognu niyabagam irukka:P//

overa pesita pikaali..nee gaali
gils said…
//களைச்சுப் போயிட்டேன்,

:)//

aama..oevr gummi udambuku agathu solvanga :D
sri said…
vadai oosi pochey

//I politely told him to go to hell. He proved it by asking for my cell number!!!!
//

LOL

sema kalai post good to read after long time :)
hahaha parva illa gils.. maradhi malladhu :) [maradhi irukravanga ellam apdi thaan sollikanum!]

oppicela aani + laptop illa adhan vara mudiala.. kesari puliyodarai sundal ellam konjam eduthu fridgela vainga :D

thoppai sariya pocha? ;)
50 potta thirupthiyoda poren! :P idhuku oru spesal bhel puri solidunga..
gils said…
//maradhi malladhu //

!!!n poda maranthu m potutele kedi :D :D enna vida peria marathikara ammaninu proovitel pongo :D
vimmuuu said…
Easily one of the most hilarious piece I have read in recent times !!! :D :D :D

idellaam nammukku mattum yen nadakkudu !! :D :D i mean, ungalkku !! enakku indha maadiri vyaadi vara vayassu innum aagale !! :D :D :D
gils said…
mr.vlogam :) dnt worry....aal in gud time :)
yep.. am very forgetful when it gets to what I speak, promise, etc. have been in a bunch of problems/ misunderstandings already, but dont know how to come out of it. :(

unga tag potuten, vandhu thupidunga.

word ver - imboaric - i am boar, i "see" :D
Anonymous said…
hehehe..ROTFL.. What is your full name gils? (I am sure you dont know :P) But sometimes I have faced that. People smile and talk randomly and my memory is poor. I try to recall who that person is and fail :) *Hifi*
gils said…
@kedi:

u boric? :D yaar sona...

@ak:

//What is your full name gils? (I am sure you dont know :P//

i have my memory charm :D

Popular posts from this blog

Rudhra Veenai

Pirivom Santhippom

Unnnai...Kan theduthay...HIC...